New to powerheads? We’re here to help.
Powerheads are one of the first touch points customers have in a caravan park. And as the saying goes, first impressions last. So it’s worth putting some time into choosing the right powerheads for your park.
If you can’t tell a powerhead from a showerhead, the information in this guide will give you the confidence to make an informed buying decision, knowing that you've covered off the most important considerations.
First things first
Before you get started, there are a few things to consider prior to deciding which powerheads to buy.
- If you’re adding powerheads for new sites, is your parks existing electrical cabling sufficient to handle the increased electrical demand.
- If replacing existing powerheads, how long will these sites be out-of-service and what is your contingency plan for site bookings?
- Do you have costs and timelines for the installation work involved?
Where do I start?
There are many brands, styles and models of powerheads available today. So before you start looking at powerheads, it’s worth narrowing your focus to the type of powerheads that suit your needs and budget.
- How long would you like the powerheads to last?
- What type of sites will the powerheads service? Permanente, annual or tourist sites?
- Will guests be charged for electricity using a user-pays model or not?
- How many sites will the powehead service?
- What services are required for each site? (Power, water, lighting).
- Are there future plans to convert these sites? Perhaps to cabins or en-suites.
Want to know more?
Check out our other guides for more valuable information